We are searching for friendly, energetic, highly-motivated wine and beer geeks who will thrive in a fun, family-owned, team-oriented environment.
Candidates should have:
- Ample knowledge and aptitude in learning and understanding the intricacies of quality wine and craft beer
- Ability to lift/shift ~60 lbs (cases of wine, beer and 1/6 barrel kegs)
- Endurance to be vigilant and on your toes for 7 – 9 hours at a time
- Passion about the world of fine wine & craft beer AND can discuss & SELL it
- High aspirations to grow and expand with the #1 wine bar in Phoenix
These attributes are a PLUS :
- Having beyond basic knowledge of wine coming from grapes and beer being bubbly and yellow.
- Occupying social media presence and engagement – so we know you have friends and are not a pariah.
- Possessing average technical savviness: negative points for AOL email account or use of floppy disks; bonus points for owning a smartphone and ability to use its calendar.
- Owning a smartphone that is not smashed, charges efficiently and allows consistent communication.
- Open to direction, constructive guidance and occasional ribbing from ownership.
- Fan of Star Wars. Are you with the Rebel Alliance or the Empire?
- Not being in a band that requires weekend nights/weeks off because you have a gig, premier or upcoming Euro-tour.
- Finally, sharing the view of promoting the success of small business (a non-socialist).
We promote a professional and positive work environment, so keep the drama for your mama.
Bartender wages can average $100 – $300 per shifts; higher if you win-over the affections of the patrons. Part-time position requires some weekday and weekend availability so the owners can promote the business and perhaps have a life … eventually.
Job Type: Part-time