As a team member, you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service to patrons with varying personalities and moods. Acting as the first line of response to guest engagement, you have the ability to provide meaningful recommendations to peak the guest’s interest. You are genuinely nice and have a team inspired glowing personality. You can instantly build rapport and make a difference in someone’s life in just one interaction. You build authentic connections with every guest, either for one day or sometimes for a lifetime. You are responsible to a fault and fun to be around. As you can tell, we are looking for qualities and not just experience.
Growth Opportunity…. We are not just looking for an outstanding serving staff
- Learn the power of presence
- Increase you effective listening skills
- Multi-task and manage numerous relationships
- Develop the initial skills for leadership; providing feedback, giving recognition and asking thoughtful questions
- Learn how to manage your manager, and not have them manage you
- Learn how to maintain work/life balance
Responsibilities: Basic functions of the Bartender/Server/Assistant Server/Host include:
- Having fun and someone who is fun to be around
- Greeting and taking guests’ orders
- Handling cash & other forms of payment
- Making proficient sales transactions – using a point-of-sale system
- Properly checks I.D.s
- Demonstrating responsible alcohol service
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge – you will be challenged
- Suggestive selling – using proven techniques
- Answering questions – accurately and politely
- Satisfying any/all needs of the guests – regularly double checking back with guests throughout their experience. Too busy is not an option
- Maintaining a clean & organized station – including pre-bussing & table maintenance
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – setting up/breaking down station, refilling condiments, general cleaning
- Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers
- Creating memorable experiences and entertaining guests
Qualifications: Job Requirements include:
- Previous server experience in restaurant or hospitality is highly required
- Ability to work well in a team structured environment and help others when needed
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from leadership on performance
- Must be at least 19 years old to be employed
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Practicing all general safety standards
- Performing duties which require bending & reaching
- Lifting & transporting up to 25-pound dining chairs, booster seats, high chairs, and food/drink orders (from bar & kitchen to guests’ tables) – if applicable, emptying trash cans weighing up to 60 pounds
- Standing or walking, for up to 8+ hours
- Maintaining a well-groomed appearance (“having a plan”) – to play the part, you must look the part
- Following all uniform guidelines
- Non slip shoes required
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fast-paced atmosphere
- Problem solver and mission focused
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
- Must have food handler’s card and alcohol awareness training certification where required by state and local laws.
- Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Compensation: $7.50+ hourly + tips.
- How many years of industry or hospitality experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you in Phoenix, AZ?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?